Foreigners Buying U.S. Property *2CE
Foreigners Buying U.S. Property *2CE Presented by The FIRPTA Group by Cottrell Tax & Accounting, LLC
This class will help you understand the major goals and objectives to consider when a foreigner is taking title of U.S Property
- Learn how to minimize Income Taxes
- Understand how to avoid ancillary probate upon death
- Identify and explain the common types of property ownership in the U.S.
- Pros and Cons of a Land Trust
Understand what an ITIN is, who needs it, and how to apply for it.
- Identifying the difference between Resident Alien and Non -Resident Alien
- Presence Test
- Closer Connection
- Why it is important, taxed on world-wide income
Learn how and when a withholding is needed for non-resident rental income
- Understand FIRPTA and how it affects your seller
- Understand the different rates
- Options to avoid, reduce, or speed up your customer’s refunds.